Image Map

Friday 24 January 2014

Music Picks: First top 10 of 2014

Hey guys! So here are my first music picks of 2014 although some of the songs are much much older! I hope you enjoy them and give them a listen,they're some of my personal favourites. Also I would like to say thankyou to regular readers/viewers as I have got more views than I thought I would which means alot that people actually want to read the stuff I ramble on about! So please keep telling me what you think, share my page around if you enjoy it etc. I am thinking about maybe doing a giveaway/competition thing when I reach my goal for followers? If you would like something like that.? Anyway back to my music picks.


Beyonce- Drunk in Love (Link Here) One of my favourite songs at the moment (obviously), I love Beyonce's new album and was just as surprised as everyone else when she dropped it. I love the indian raga style part at the start of the song and love how she fuses different styles of music. Beyonce looks gorgeous as always in the video and I really like this song especially the fact Jay-z is in it too. It's my new jam and such a good song for dancing,even though I can't dance oops.

Childish Gambino- 3005 (Link Here) I instantly loved this song from the first time I heard it, I'd never really heard of Chldish Gambino before this but now I am in love with his music. If you like Frank Ocean he is definitely for you. It seems everyone in my year at school loves this and it's a fave with all the cliques which is very rare so shows what a good and catchy song it is. Plus the video shows him on a ferris wheel with a Teddy Bear, what else could you want?

Luke Friend- Commitments (Link Here) Everybody knows I love Luke Friend,everything about him is just lush. I love his original songs and I have had one of his other originals in my picks before. I love this song as it is very honest and it just means a lot to me, plus I'm hoping to see Luke in concert sometime this year so it's pretty exciting. Definitely check this out

Kodaline- High Hopes (Link Here) This is my sad song if I'm honest for listening to snuggled up in a blanket when I feel rubbish , it's kind of positive in a weird way. I love kodaline though they are literally my saviours, this is probably the most well known song of theirs. It was also pretty much the first song I bought on itunes when I got my new Iphone at Christmas. I just love it.

The Maccabees- Toothpaste Kisses (Link Here) Is one of my all time favourite songs, it's just so cute and happy! It's quite an old song now but I love it and listen to it pretty much everyday. And to make it even better it is in the Angus,Thongs and Perfect Snogging soundtrack too, which is one of my favourite films and probably up there as one of the ultimate chick flicks! But yeah so this song plays with Robbie and Georgia holding hands awh!

Lorde- World Alone (Link Here) I'm a pretty big Lorde fan and this song is one off my Iphone too. I like the lyrics and just the whole song in general, plus it's more of unknown song of Lorde's and is really underrated. I really like that again like Luke Friend her lyrics are honest and she's not afraid to right about the bad in society too. We're dancing in this world alone :-)

One Direction- Happily <acoustic>  (Link Here) One of my favourite songs from Midnight Memories album, I chose the acoustic version because I stumbled across it while looking for the normal version a couple weeks ago and am now in love with it! I like the banjoes in it (yes I'm weird) which is probably the influence of going to bluegrass festivals last year :P But seriously this version is amazing and shows that the boys have crazy talent, Zayn's high notes though.

Beyonce ft Drake- Mine (Link Here) Yes all bow down to Queen Bey as she makes another appearance in my picks. I am in love with this song as both her and Drake are my faves. This song mixes different styles too and I love the ' you wanna roll wit a good girl bit'. I am addicted to this song and even though I'm horrendous for switching songs before they end, I can honestly say I listen to this one all the way through and it's like 6 minutes long! "This is the song for the good girl"

Jason Derulo- Trumpets (Link Here) I like this song not for the lyrics or meaning but just because it's a good dance track and upbeat and makes me in a good mood. Got to say I'm not a huge fan of the video though, I find it's a bit objectifying of women but that's just my opinion :-) Also a little bit weird that he hears trumpets? But yeah it's still a good jamming tune.

Snow Patrol- You Could Be Happy (Link Here) So this is another song I listen to when I'm a bit sad and again it's an oldy but a classic. I love snow patrol as a band with a really chilled out sound and I like that this song kind of sounds like a nursery rhyme at the start. It's also off my favourite album by them ' Eyes Open' and I love the vocals and lyrics in this,it's just soothing and real.

So those were my picks, thanks for reading and check them out and tell me what you think, or tell me what your favourite songs are? As I said at the start if you comment, share this around or even just view it then I would greatly appreciate it and thankyou to everyone who has supported me so far, this is just the beginning. As I said I think I am going to do a competition/give away of my favourite things when I reach my goal followers too! Also don't be afraid to contact me I'm always here as your honourary sister!
Love
Georgie xx

Twitter- @geo_lawson
Instagram- @geo_leighh
E-mail- geo.leigh4@gmail.com


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for leaving such a sweet message on my blog, for some reason I can't reply but I really wanted to say thank you, it means so much
    Katie x
    spotsandstripes99.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete