Image Map

Sunday 23 February 2014

February Favourites (Beauty Post)

So it's not quite the end of February yet but since it's the end of halfterm/midterm and then it's back to school this week, then my birthday and then on the 5th I'm off to Germany for 10 days, I thought I'd fit in some posts now! So these are my favourites for the month of February, yes I thought I'd jump on the blogger bandwagon of doing monthly favourites then every couple of months do a giveaway of some things that have previously appeared on my favourites. This months favourites are a selection of products that I have bought over the last few weeks and I love using (hence why they are my favourites aha).


The first of my favourites is the Olay essentials beauty fluid for normal/dry/combo skin (below right) and I am so happy with this! I personally have combination skin with dry skin across the bridge of my nose and some on my cheeks and then the typical teenage oily t-zone. This moisturises my skin so well leaving all my skin soft and smooth without being greasy or drying. I heard about this product from my Great-nan! She swears by it and has lovely skin even though she's in her 90's, so if it's good enough for her, it's good enough for me! But yeh I use this everyday after washing my face and it is a good base for make up too,or like it says on the back you can mix with your foundation to make a really nice tinted moisturiser.

My next favourite is Rimmel 9-in-1 BB cream in the shade Light (above left). I bought this after a friend recommended it to me. I was a bit sceptical when buying this after I was really disappointed by the Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation (ew). But I was surprised by this foundation as it offers a fresh-faced natural looking finish with decent coverage which can be built up. I bought this for the days where I don't need a thick face of foundation but need some lighter coverage and I've found it to be perfect for that. As for the 9-in-1 properties as the packaging say: Primes,Moisturises, Minimises Pores, Conceals, Covers, Smoothes, Mattifies, Brightens and helps protect. Now I wouldn't say it does all of these but it definitely is a really moisturising bb cream which gives a natural non-shiny finish and evens out skin tone as well as giving a good amount of coverage. My only criticism is that it only comes in two shades, Light and Medium, which doesn't really cater for many as the light shade is still quite dark making this probably too dark for more fair skinned people, but apart from that I love it.


My next favourite is the Collection 16 hour Lasting Perfection Concealer in the shade number 2 Light (pictured below). Now every beauty blogger,youtuber, and their dog have raved and written about this concealer so I thought I'd join the club and buy it too! After trying many concealers in attempts to cover the constant grey under my eyes I have found something that works! Yes I am going to join in and rave about this product too! This concealer gives great long lasting coverage and covers not only my horrendous dark circles and brightens but also covers any blemishes really well too. I have blended it with both my ring finger and with a concealer brush and it looks just as good with both. There is also a good selection of colours and this shade needs barely any blending on my skin. Also with it being around £4-£5 (it was half price at around £2.50 when I bought it)  it's affordable and better quality than a lot of other more expensive concealers too. I loooove it.

My next favourite is another Collection product, this time the Extreme 24 hour felt tip liner (above). I've only got into wearing eye liner in the last couple months as before I was convinced it made me look too gothic with my dark hair and all, but then my friend introduced me to the cat-eye and I was captured by the trend. I've treid a few different liquid eye liners but I've found them hard to use and my eye liner has ended up looking a bit pants really. My friend bought me this and the pen style is so easy to use and is practically fool proof. It's also easy to create thin and thick lines with, so is ideal. If I can use it then so can anyone! Saying that I don't think it's 24 hour exactly, more 7-8 hours without touch ups but longer with touch ups. But this is a favourite of mine as it is easy to control and gives a nice matte. But it is affordable and definitely a good budget buy giving good quality and easy application.


So my next favourite is a hair product which I saw advertised quite a bit and that is the L'Oréal Paris Studio Line #TXT Wave Creating Spray (pictured below). On the back it has instructions for spraying on damp hair and twisting then blow drying to create waves on straight hair. My hair is already wavy/curly and I just have to spritz this through while dry or damp, scrunch it a bit then leave it to dry and I've found it really defines my curls without being sticky or leaving my hair crunchy like lots of other products I've used. This is perfect for my hair to make my curls less frizzy and more defined which is a massive thing for me after trying endless hair products to achieve that. It also works well on straight hair (my friend was my guinea pig) and it creates more of a tousled beachy wave look but either way I love it! It kind of smells like johnson's baby wipes though. It's normally £3.89 at boots or superdrug but I got mine at the local pharmacy for £2.99. 


So the last products in my favourites this month are probably my favourite things, I'm literally obsessed with them and they are two eos lipbalms in flavours: Raspberry and Pomegranate (below left) and Strawberry Sorbet (below right). I've wanted to try one of these for ages but they seem to be a pain in the arse to get in the UK (let me know if you know anywhere that does them please!). So when my bestfriend Dulcie went on the half term school trip to New York I asked her to buy me two and she did! I literally love these so much, they smell amazing, are super moisturising and the packaging is so cute! I really like the shape of them which at first I thought I'd find annoying but I actually love,they look really pretty on my desk and are just really handy and nicer than a lot of other lip balms I've tried and trust me I'm the lipbalm queen! I literally have loads of lipbalms and these are up there with the best of them. I'm definitely going to buy some more of these now I know that they're amazing even if I have to pay ridiculous shipping fees haha! 
So that concludes my February favourites! I hope you liked them and let me know if you've tried any of the products and what you think of them or any suggestions of products I should try (sorry if I rambled a bit!). Also I apologise for the dodgy quality photos but my Iphone camera is a bit cracked! I hope you all have a good week and I plan to post a few more times before I leave for Germany so watch this space :-) Anyway thanks if you took the time to read!
Love
Georgie xx

Twitter- @geo_lawson
Instagram- @geo_leighh
E-mail- geo.leigh4@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment