Image Map

Thursday 16 October 2014

So I've been away for a bit...

As you may have noticed I've been somewhat absent from the blogging world for almost a month and a half, and granted I've never been a really consistent blogger but I also haven't had a period of time this long away from blogging and I thought I owe it to you all to explain why just
 a little.

So the last month, well almost two months really have been pretty hectic, starting in the summer with my cousin going into hospital, he fell very ill and him being so poorly definitely took it's toll on my family. I've never seen such a strong group of people so devastated nor have I ever been so frightened myself. Luckily last week or so he finally came home after almost two months seriously ill and in intensive care, though he's still got still got a long way to go, he is on the way to recovery. Even though we aren't as close as we were it still affected me a lot.

Then there was back to school and I don't think anything could of prepared me for the transition into year 11. Suddenly all teachers were talking about controlled assessment deadlines, predicted grades, exams and revision sessions. How I should be organising my time, how I should be getting all A's, how I should be doing this, how I should be doing that. And already it's all too much, I've been suffering from headaches for months prior to Year 11 and then within the first week of school I started having panic attacks, seemingly out of the blue. They seemed to come on even when everything was under control and though I'd had them a few times last year these were certainly much worse, I've also had trouble sleeping for months which obviously isn't helpful either.

So my Mum took me to the doctors, who then diagnosed my headaches as migraines, for which she gave me medication and put my panic attacks down to a type of anxiety disorder. She also took my blood pressure, which was a little too high, again she said it could of been because of my anxiety about going to the doctors, but as a precaution I need to have my blood pressure taken every week for the next month or so. She also explained that the medication for my headaches are used for anxiety disorder and as antidepressants. Naturally the word antidepressant made me freak out, the thought of being on medication scared me even more so.

 Now I'm definitely a worrier and not an overly confident person but I never thought that I would have anxiety or be attached to the negative stigma that surrounds it. When people talk about anxiety they never tend to talk positively or be very upbeat about it, it's difficult for a lot of people to understand and also very difficult to deal with. So I looked out into the YouTube and blogging community to try and find some things that may help people or at least help people to understand.


Zoella- Dealing with Panic Attacks and Anxiety
OCD & Anxiety Disorder- Crash Course
Zoella- Anxiety Q&A
Tanya Burr- Anxiety and Thinking Positive
Coping with Anxiety and Panic Attacks
Anxiety- There is Hope

So this week is my first week of medication, and obviously I'm apprehensive, but I just thought I'd share where I'm at with you all and apologise for my lack of posts recently. Again I'm always here for any of you that need a chat, stay strong, keep smiling.

Much Love
Georgie xx





1 comment:

  1. Hey :)
    I only started reading your blog a week or so ago, but I really hope you feel better soon! If you need anybody to talk to, feel free to send me mail (beautifulinfinity101@gmail.com) and chat!

    ReplyDelete