Image Map

Tuesday 19 November 2013

10 music picks : tune's on tuesday's

So I was thinking of an idea of some type of weekly segment to add to my blog, and looking around the internet found that lots of bloggers were doing favourite songs or artists posts, I thought this would be a perfect idea as I get to talk about my favourite songs and my music tastes and you as readers get to know a bit more about me! I'm going to try it for a few weeks and see how it goes, I was also thinking about doing movie monday picks? Hmm I'll work on them, I apologise now for the cringy name but it had to be a bit catchy haha :-)

So my music picks for this week are:
Lorde- Tennis Courts (Link here) I absolutely love this song and some of the lyrics some up things perfectly, most people have heard 'Royals' but I'd really recommend checking out the whole 'Pure Heroine' album,this is just one of my favourites off it.

Drake-Own It (Link here) One of my favourite tracks off the album (Nothing was the same) love this track loads, bit of a different sound to the 'Take Care' album though! There isn't a official video yet so I have linked a random  lyric video!

Passenger-Patient Love (Link here) Passenger is one of my favourite artists and I am completely in love with the whole 'All the little lights' album, this song is beautiful, it doesn't have an official video so have linked a random one, definitely give it a listen!

Arctic Monkeys- Do I Wanna Know? (Link here) I have always loved arctic monkeys since I was a lot younger and this is probably one of the only newer songs that I listen to as I'm still listening to the old albums, but I love the riff in this,check it out!

Daughter- Your Kisses (Link here) More of an unknown artist,but beautiful regardless, this song is probably my favourite of all the songs by Daughter as it is so raw and natural. Stumbled upon this song while looking at other songs by them, I really recommend it.

Chris Brown(ft Nicki Minaj)- Love more (Link here) One of my favourite upbeat tracks at the moment, great song to dance about with friends too,  always loved Chris Brown's voice, not 100% sure on the Nicki rap but still love it! The video is pretty funny too :-)

Macklemore& Ryan Lewis - Otherside(remix) (Link here) A boy in my music class introduced me to this song last year, way before 'Thrift Shop' came out and this was the song that got me listening to Macklemore. I think the message of it is so important and I love the 'oh girl this boat is sinking...' bit,just check it out.

Ed Sheeran- Gold Rush (Link here) Everyone loves Ed! But this song is probably less well known of his (again I've linked a random video), I like this as it's pretty upbeat compared to some of his songs and is pretty cheery to listen to on a morning. Some of the lyrics are really relatable too and it just makes me smile :-)

Nina Nesbitt- Make me fall (Link here) Another artist who is less well known as she isn't really in the mainstream charts or anything. I love this song as her voice is just beautiful and again some of the lyrics are just amazing, I really recommend listening to the whole 'The Apple Tree EP' and some of her other songs as they are really unique and beautiful.

One Direction- Story of my Life (Link here) One Direction has become somewhat a guilty pleasure of mine music wise, I'd never really had any interest in their music until more recently when my friend (who is a huge fan) got me listening to some of their tracks and i was really surprised as I actually like alot of their music. I like this song and it is catchy,the video is a must watch though,it's just too cute!

So that was my extremely long music picks for 'tune's on tuesday's' and reading it back I've realised I just say love and favourite alot, oops! But as you can see my music taste is really varied and random haha! Hope you enjoy this segment and the song's i've picked as it took me foreverrrrr to type :-)

Also check out my tumblr :http://just-young-and-unlucky.tumblr.com/

Love
Georgie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment