Image Map

Friday 29 November 2013

Music Picks: Tunes on Tuesdays on.. Friday?

Told you I'd do a weekly segment (even if it hasn't ended up on a Tuesday this week oops!) , yes so I apologize for it being late, I had started typing it up on Tuesday but had the final performance of Shakespeare's Macbeth play so was out all evening. Anyway this week's song choices are a complete mix of some current and lots of older songs,they are purely my personal choices and I've tried not to include any repeats of artists although I'm sure I will end up with some in the following weeks. Here goes!




Gabrielle Aplin-Home (Link Here) This song is so beautiful! I love the message behind it and it's helped me when I've been a bit lost, this song means so much to me and I love Gabrielle's voice and the fact that she is from near me makes her even better, I've followed her since she was a youtuber and am so glad she's making it as a professional artist,definitely give her a listen!

Frank Ocean- Swim Good (Link Here) I originally heard this song from a cover and then listened to the original and was so surprised, I think Frank Ocean's voice is so lovely and unique and that his music is so diverse he has a song to suit everyone. This is my personal favourite song of his, also I would recommend the Channel Orange album too,it's great!

Shannon Saunders- Heart of Blue (Link Here) A amazing singer that you probably haven't heard of,again another singer pretty local to me. This song is really lovely and innocent and deserves a lot more recognition and views than it has. Also props to her for walking barefoot round London in the video-brave girl!

Mcfly- Love is on the Radio (Link Here) I've got to admit I've been a long time fan of Mcfly since they started haha (a while ago now!)! But as they are starting to be more popular again I'm liking their more mature sound and starting to listen to their songs again,this one is really catchy and happy and flying up the charts!

Ben Howard- Old Pine (Link Here) Ben Howard's voice is just beautiful- I pretty much love any of his songs but this one I like more than most, I think it's just simple and honest. I like the guitar in this and the natural feel of the song, the lyrics are pretty perfect and this song is just so cute arghh just listen to it.

Jake Bugg-Seen it All (Link Here) I love that Jake Bugg is a singer song writer and that he has an old kind of sound to his music and that it is all so original. I like that he has a lot of older influences and has a different kind of indie/folk type sound. I think this song is very truthful and says a lot about society and kind of put's into perspective the time we live in.

Scouting for Girls- Love How it Hurts (Link Here) Bearing in mind I'm still listening to their first album they ever released in 2008 shows how stuck behind the times I am haha! But anyway I am totally in love with that album but I also really like this song and the meaning is quite relatable- the video is also good too so give it a look!

Wheatus- Teenage Dirtbag (Link Here) I don't think this song needs much of an explanation. It's a classic and if you haven't heard it before then you've probably been living under a rock for ages (sorry that was a bit harsh!). But yeah years on and I still love this song and I don't think I'll ever not like it, it had to make my music picks at some point!

John Legend- Ordinary People (Link Here) One of my Mum's favourite songs and after hearing it a few times it quickly became one of mine too. I can honestly say I don't think I've heard many other John Legend songs but this one is definitely a firm favourite of mine- even if it is a bit of an oldie one now. Listen to it,you might be surprised.

Eliza Doolittle-Rollerblades (Link Here) I literally idolize Eliza Doolittle,her music her style,her hair, everything! Probably my favourite song of her's still, I like how her song's have a really relaxed and chilled vibe, they pretty much make up most of my summer soundtrack! But this song especially means a lot to me, I love the idea of not getting down about things and just carrying on!

So that was this week's Tunes on Tuesdays (on Friday?) I hope you liked them, most of them were a more chilled out sound this week and I know that my taste won't appeal to everyone but I would love any feedback or suggestions-just comment! Or if there any songs you want me to listen to comment too and you could see them in a music pick to come! I'm going away to Cardiff with le famille and my friend Dulcie tomorrow so I might do a weekend away post or something on Sunday or Monday so keep an eye out,thanks for reading!
Love
Georgie xx


Find me on:
Twitter- @geo_lawson
Instagram- @geo_leighh





No comments:

Post a Comment