Image Map

Tuesday 3 December 2013

Winter's coming: weekend away winter wonderland

Hi everyone so I thought I'd try and do 2 posts today as I'm not sure how often I will be able to post in the next couple weeks as I have revision for the pre christmas tests and coursework to be doing but will try my best! 

So at the weekend I went away to Cardiff with my Mum, her boyfriend (Dan) and one of my bestfriend's Dulcie. I can honestly say it was the best weekend I've had in absolute ages,we hit up the shops and visited Cardiff winter wonderland eek! Feeling christmassy at last! (even though it's only just December haha!)

Day 1: 
We took the couple hour car journey to Cardiff and plenty of songs later we arrived at our sweet little hotel. I literally felt like a 5 year old again as we walked in to find a giant pretty Christmas tree in the lobby and from then on I was pretty excited! Me and Dulcie were so excited to have our own twin room just down the corridor from my mum ,we felt pretty grown up ;) We got changed and headed out to the winter wonderland,ate a bratwurst at the German market and booked our open air iceskating tickets for later on. We then headed into Cardiff city centre to check out the loads of little Christmas market stalls and have a look round the shops. It was pretty tiring and we stopped at Starbuck's for a quick drink and had a hot chocolate in the lovely festive little take-away cups they have arghhh! 

We then had turkey stuffing rolls for tea from one of the cute Crimbo markets and headed back to the winter wonderland ready for ice skating! Then me and Dan decided that we'd be all brave and that and go on the chairoplanes that went 60metres in the air at the wonderland. Omg I don't think I've ever been so scared and considering that I'm pretty scared of heights it probably wasn't the best idea ever but in the queue there was no turning back, I got on the ride and almost cried, it was so scary and bloody freezing,glad I did it though! Then we went to the rink and skated for an hour, Dulcie was consierably better than me but I still got round,even if I did plough a few people down in the process! We even got chatting to some lovely welsh boys who taught us their accent and we taught them ours (they think we only say ever say 'combine harvester' and 'tractor' which I really didn't understand). Then headed back to the hotel to watch I'm a celeb and Match of the Day (what can I say I'm a football girl) in our onesies! 


(I'm the elephant!) 

Day 2: 
A day of shopping and Christmas present buying and it wasn't the most successful it could of been considering I ended up buying more things for myself;) But I got mama's present sorted when we went off adventuring so that's one person down! It was great having soooooo many different shops to go in compared to my local shopping available in town and I bought the cutest, softest mocha colour fuzzy jumper, it sounds pretty icky but honestly it's so nice on especially with dark wash jeans and lace up boots! I also treated myself to a few cd's (expect the songs to feature on my music pick's, I know it's supposed to be today sowwy if it isn't) as I thought I needed to get a bit more up to date haha! Then we found the most amazing muffin and coffee store called BB's muffins, we got a muffin each in one of their super cute takeaway boxes- I had salted caramel flavour and Dulcie had raspberry white choc, literally the best brunch I've ever had!


OOTD on day 2 for me (top left pic,left person): White 'meow' slogan tee- Forever 21, Black full length leggings-H&M, Green \hooded Parka- Internacionale, Black Frilly socks- Topshop, Blue Flowery Castel Dr Martens- Dr Martens @Schuh. 
OOTD on day 2 for Dulcie (top left pic,right person): White 'oh crepe' slogan tee- H&M, Black full length leggings- H&M (I think?), Dark Blue and Green Check Flannel Shirt (mine) ;)- Jack Wills, Pink Frilly ankle socks- Topshop, White low converse- Converse.

We met back up with Mum and Dan and headed for a last look round the city and went to all the little arcades (If you go to Cardiff go to them!) full of the nicest vintage shops,and quirky little trinket shops. Also down one of them we found elf store (eyes lips face not the Christmas type) and I bought their Complexion brush ( highly recommend it!) and the flawless finish foundation which I've been using the last couple days and love so far, I might put them in a Make-up/beauty product review I'm planning for a couple weeks time! After that we got a crepe each from one of the Crimbo food market stalls (very yummy) and had them on the steps into St David's Dewi Walk then headed home after a bright and brilliant weekend! 

(Excuse my face, I never open mouth smile for this reason but I thought I'd finish with a group selfie)

So this has probably been a long boring post if you've bothered to read this far haha, but I thought I'd share my weekend with you all! I've seen that recently I've been getting more views and followers since my blog has appeared on the teenage blogger central- thankyou! I'd love (and appreciate it loadsss!) if you share this blog around or tell your friends if you enjoy it, as I would love to have a wider audience or you comment/suggest any feedback or suggestions :-)
Love
Georgie xx

As always find me on:
Twitter- @geo_lawson
Instagram- @geo_leighh

No comments:

Post a Comment