Image Map

Sunday 25 May 2014

Revision Songs- my current top ten!

Hi guys so I've been a bit absent of late due to the wonderful exams which are GCSE's! I've been completely bogged down with revision for them as well as for the setting exams for maths next year,it's all a bit crazy at the moment! So I apologise for the lack of posts but I do have a lot lined up and as it's half term I have no excuse really. So I thought it would be appropriate to share some of my favourite songs at the moment with you, as these are what have got me through many tedious hours of English Literature, Chemistry and RE revision!


Youth- Daughter (Link Here) I absolutely love Daughter as I love Elena Tonra's voice, this is one of the more well known songs by them but they still aren't really popular which I kind of like. This song is quite chilled out and good to listen to while relaxing and doing revision, it's also quite summery as well, ahhh!

What You Know- Twoo Door Cinema Club (Link Here) This song is a bit of an oldie now but it's still a good 'un. It's upbeat and instantly makes me more cheery and is pretty easily listening too, again it's probably one of the more well known songs my Two Door Cinema Club.

Tonight- John Legend (Link Here) This song is probably one of my favourite songs everrr! It makes me want to just get up and dance,even though I'm a terrible dancer, it just cheers me up so much and is so good to listen to as a break from doing work. Literally try not to dance or at least bob your head, you won't be able to, it's infectious!

All of the Stars- Ed Sheeran (Link Here) Awhhh, that was my first reaction to this song from the soundtrack of the ever nearing, The Fault in Our Stars movie! I love it, it's so chilled out and beautiful, I love Ed Sheeran's voice anyway and this song is just beyond cute, I'm so excited for the movie, if it's half as good as the sound track then it will be amazing!

Get Home- Bastille (Link Here) This song holds so many memories for me, I spent the coach journey to the airport on the way back from Germany listening to this with my best friend sharing headphones through the seat, and with Germany being such an amazing trip where I made so many good friends, this song just always reminds me of it!

Hey Ya// acoustic cover//- Matt Weddle (Link Here) I discovered this song as it's the background song on my friend's YouTube channel (which I'll be doing a post on later in the week) and have fallen in love with this version! Which is saying something as I really don't like the original! I find it pretty relaxing too :-)

Why'd You Only Call me When You're High- Arctic Monkeys (Link Here) Probably one of the more mainstream Arctic Monkeys songs that I like, but nevertheless it's still good, also very jealous of one of my bestfriend's who went and saw Arctic Monkey's in Finnsbury Park Friday on her birthday, seriosuly unfair ;-)

California Sun- Palma Violets (Link Here) I found this song on the Teen vogue summer song list like last year I think? And it makes me think of the sun and be all happy, even if I am stuck indoors doing revision! It's by a band no one seems to of heard of too? So I thought I might as well share it with you guys!

Mine //cover//- Shannon Saunders (Link Here) I posted about this song ages ago but it's still one of my favourites and I love how Shannon has put her own spin on it in this cover. Again I've posted about one of Shannon's originals previously too and I love her voice, definitely check her music out!

In the Morning- The Coral (Link Here) This song is again quite an oldie but always makes me laugh, I recently rediscovered it when watching Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging as a revision break ( I was revising I swear!) and now I'm addicted to listening to it all over again!


Okay so that was my music picks that I've been listening to while doing my revision, hope all of you who are doing exams are getting on alright too and Good Luck if you've got more after half term like I do! I'm sure you'll all be amazing! Watch out for many more posts this week and I hope to hear from you all soon!

Love 
Georgie xx

Twitter- @geo_lawson
Instagram- @geo_leighh
E-mail- geo.leigh4@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment