Image Map

Saturday 14 June 2014

Positivity, School and Exam Stress

Hi guys! Firstly I apologise for not posting very often, recently I've been hit by a barrage of mocks and GCSE's which of course have had to take priority (thumbs down to exams). So at the moment I'm in the awful kind of transition stage at school from a Year 10 to Year 11; being a trial prefect, furiously making coursework deadlines, as well as being surrounded by GCSE and mock exam galore! It's fair to say I've had a little bit of a struggle this week in remaining calm and positive, and it also seems that others around me are too; I've seen at least 5 other people cry and leave a lesson this week, that's just in my own classes! It seems that nobody can really keep up with these unattainable standards of perfection that seem to be expected from us and it's just hit us now, with the pressure being piled on the last few weeks. Now I fully expect year 11 to be the same or even worse, but still I feel that everybody, regardless of their predicament in terms of exams, needs a little cheering up at the moment!


Now I know it's a lot easier said than done but finding something that actually makes you filled with genuine happiness, if only for a while, can be one of the best sources of positivity. For me it was starting dance again this week for the first time in years, after a day with a French reading and listening mock, GCSE Chemistry revision and an hour of Maths revision after school I was in dire need of cheering up! I can't explain how nice it was to be in a room full of like minded people, doing something that I love- I was literally buzzing for hours afterwards especially after being so nervous about joining a class. Of course by the next day I was back to the tiresome slog that is school, but just for that hour dance lesson I was the most positive person going. So that's probably what I would say is so important in remaining positive, even if not all the time, spending time with people that you love or doing something that makes you genuinely happy. The second thing that has really helped me is Alfie Deye's video on being a teenager, literally I've shared this around all my friends after stumbling upon it last month.  


Honestly, watch this video and it will make you feel a whole lot better, it does for me every time I watch it, especially after having a week where I heard a lot of things that I really didn't want to. It makes you realise how insignificant so many little things are in comparison with the grand scheme of things. It sums up a lot of the issues and problems we go through, just by being a teenager and has been really beneficial for me and my friends! Okay so that is the end of this post, I hoped you enjoyed reading it, I'd just like to say if any of you ever want to talk to me about anything or are feeling down then feel free to contact me on the links down below,I'm here for you all too! Thanks for reading my lovelies!


Love
Georgie xx

Twitter- @geo_lawson
Instagram- @geo_leighh
E-mail- geo.leigh4@gmail.com

4 comments:

  1. In the exact same position, like omg it's just like exams exams exams, coursework coursework coursework. Then the second we finish them they give us a new exam timetable for mocks! LIKE SERIOUSLY GO AWAY. Paired with a crazy step mum who makes me revise non stop and a dad who wants me to get all As or A*s. IM ON THE EDGE OF A BREAKDOWN. Nice to know I'm not the only one because omg everyone in my year is SO calm,
    unbelievable, but anyway. I liked this post :)
    -Skye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I'm one of the biggest worriers too! I definitely understand how you feel;all the pressure is crazy! Thankyou so much for taking the time to read and I'm glad you liked it. Always here if you want a chat about anything, my email and twitter is below so feel free to drop me a line if you want!xx

      Delete
  2. It's hearing/reading things like what you've mentioned here that make me glad I left school 5 years ago (has it really been that long?!). I managed to deal with the stress of exams by completely ignoring them until I was actually sitting in front of the paper. It's not the best of approaches but I somehow ended up with good grades. I guess I got lucky.

    Good luck with everything :) you're definitely on the right track to handling it all just fine

    Raise The Waves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much and yes I'll definitely be glad when it's all over too! Thanks for taking the time to read this :-) xx

      Delete