Image Map

Friday 13 December 2013

Music Picks: My top ten this week

Hey my lovelies, so here is my top ten song picks this week, I've kind of given up on the tunes on Tuesday thing as I have realised Tuesday is one of my busiest days and it just isn't realistic aiming to post every Tuesday especially with all my homework on top of clubs etc,sorry! So I'll just post my top ten favourite tracks of the moment now and again! My music taste is really varied and this week's picks are a variety of new and old songs,hope you enjoy them :D


Birdy- Wings (Link Here) I'm a long time lover of Birdy and got listening to this song from a friend covering it on piano at a lunch time a few weeks ago :-) I really like this song it's just chilled out and a bit less serious than some of her older stuff, I have no idea what the video is about though. Bit of a different sound to her first album but still really good.

Pia Mia- Red Love (Link Here) Pia Mia probably best known as bestfriend to Kylie Jenner or for covering 'Hold on we're going home' over dinner with Kanye West and Drake. Not really credited for her own music enough, love this song and also 'Shotgun Love'. She has such a lovely voice and this song is so good, hard to believe she's only 17, it seems a lot more grown up than that.

Luke Friend- Basically Older (Link Here) So if you are from the UK you'll probably know who Luke Friend is as he is currently on the UK Xfactor and is in the final tomorrow (fingers crossed for him!). I completely love him, his unique voice, his guitar playing, even his hair (considering I was practically his twin Wednesday morning). This song is one of his original's and it is my overall favourite song at the moment, the lyrics are so honest and I love the fact that it is live, it's so raw and organic sounding. 

Cat Power- Sea of Love (Link Here) One of my faveee songs from the soundtrack of my faveee film ever Juno, it's played in a sad part of the movie and therefore one of my sad songs to listen to but I still love it. Really nice and chilled out and she has such an unusual voice, definitely listen to this and watch Juno , it's literally so so good!

Gabriella Cilmi- Warm this Winter (Link Here) I had to throw a christmassy song in there somewhere and even though it's one of the more recent christmas tunes I still prefer it over a lot of the older ones. I love Gabriella Cilmi anyway and her voice is lush, bit annoyed they used this for the co-op advert though -.- 

The 1975- Sex (Link Here) I've only recently discovered The 1975 but already I love their music and I love this song as it's pretty catchy and I like the guitar in it. The lyrics are kind of inappropriate but it's one of those songs where you don't really listen to the the lyrics more just the music. The only lyric I remember from it is the she's got a boyfriend anyway bit and that's probably only because it's repeated a lot! 

Chris Brown ft Kevin McCall- Strip (Link Here) I know what you are thinking, a song called sex and strip in one set of picks, I know it's all a bit cheeky but I can assure you it's not intended on purpose! I love this song to jam to and I am quite a fan of Chris Brown's music. I actually know a dance routine to this song (if you know me well you know how hilarious that is) so I love dancing about to it, no not in that way.

Passenger- The Last Unicorn (Link Here) Another Passenger song to feature in my picks, I love passenger so much, he is one of my favourite artists going. this song is a much older one of his but it's so good and tells a story. I first found this song purely because of the title even though it's pretty unrelated. Really nice acoustic song, but with kind of a sad theme to it.

Lana Del Rey - This Is What Makes Us Girls (Link Here) This song has been one of the most played on my Ipod for over a year, one of my favourite songs off Born to Die, highly recommend the whole album. I personally love Lana as a fashion icon as well as a singer and love how she incorporates ideas from different generations and genres in both her music and style.

Katy Perry- Thinking of You (Link here) Such an old song now, off her first album, One of the Boys. I found this on one of my old playlists on my Ipod and fell in love with it all over again. I love the whole idea of it and the honesty in the lyrics. I do still like Katy Perry but feel that some of her songs are over produced and edited now and don't show off her lovely voice like this one and some of the older ones do. 

That was my music picks, I hope you enjoyed them, thanks for reading! Please comment any suggestions or feedback and follow if you want :-) Tomorrow or Sunday I am hoping to get my Christmas Gift guide/selection thing online as I am going Christmas shopping again tomorrow and will have pictures and ideas up then! I have lots of posts planned for the following week and will try to fit them around moving house,which I do next Friday, 5 days before Christmas eek!
Love 
Georgie xx

Of course find me on:
Twitter- @geo_lawson
Instagram- @geo_leighh




No comments:

Post a Comment