Image Map

Sunday 15 December 2013

Winter's Coming: Christmas Present Shopping

Hello! So today's post as promised is a Christmas shopping/ present guide thingy, although it won't be much help for ideas or as a guide to many people unless you've left your Christmas shopping even later than mine! So really it's just a chance for you to have a nosey at what I've bought for people! I've bought these in my local shopping town and in Cardiff when I went there but it's all pretty much available in most stores of the same chain. Any presents I have bought online aren't featured in this sorry!




So the first thing I bought was a 'Champney's Sports Therapy Gym Ready Kit For Men' set (£14) as one of my item's in the boots 3 for 2 offer. So I wanted to get something kind of toiletries related for this person and it has to be something from a recognisable brand with him! I've used some of the women's Champney's toiletries myself and have always found them to be really good and nicely scented. This set includes a hair&body wash, an antiperspirant, a gym towel (not much bigger than a flannel if I'm honest) and a folding water bottle,I thought this would be perfect for this person considering he's been saying for ages that he is going to go to the gym! The packaging too is really nice and simplistic, but if you get this be careful the lid comes off really easily!





The next thing I got was 'Soap and Glory Bright and Bubbly' (£10) set, yes good old soap and glory, pretty much a favourite with everybody and anybody.This particular set includes the classic items: Clean on Me shower gel, The Righteous Butter body butter, The Scrub Of Your Life body buffer, Hand food hand cream and a Shower Puff. I love the hand cream personally and have tried many of the soap and glory products (I recommend mist me madly) so definitely had no doubts in picking up this set. this was also part of the 3 for 2 in boots as well. The packaging is classic soap and glory pink but the box itself is red. The box is really cute and has like candy cane style stripes and is something you could use again afterwards.






The next item I got as my 'free' gift in the boots 3 for 2 was a Ted Baker Box (should of been £10). I honestly bought this completely from looking at the packaging with no idea at all what was inside, I know that sounds really stupid but no matter how many aisles of 3 for 2 I went down I kept coming back to this box. The packaging completely caught my eye and I thought it was so cute and pretty and I guess the fact I bought it not knowing what was inside just because I liked the box really shows the power good packaging can have on a potential buyer haha or just idiots like me who like pretty colours! I have looked since I've got home and this box contains: Body Wash, Body Souffle,Bath Foam and Body spray, all in mini form with cute bottles! And it comes with pretty tissue paper too!

The next thing I bought was the most expensive single item and it was the Benefit Make-up 'Let's Make Lovely' set which includes mini versions of classic Benefit best-selling products: They're Real mascara, Porefessional -pore primer thingy, It's Potent eye cream and hoola bronzing powder. I got this as it includes a good range of products that I have personally tried so I know that they are good quality and are versatile. I chose this set in particular (with the help of the benefit counter lady) as I thought that these were the products that my gift-receiver would like best and would actually get used. I was still on a budget and thought getting this set of minis would be nicer than just one product from Benefit. I paid £19.50 for this set a couple weeks ago but it is now reduced down to £15.60 -.- 


The next thing I bought was in Superdrug, I bought 
this make-up collection kit as it it's one of those sets that has what you need to create a certain look. This one is 'Studio London Pretty Natural' and has some really pretty colours in it,you can't seem them that well in the pictures but they are really lovely and still quite subtle. It has a blush and highlighter kit which has a really pretty girl pink colour in it and a set of 3 eye shadows all in different but still neutral colours. The friend I bought this for is a bit of a make-up lover so hopefully this will go down pretty well. I have also used Studio sets before so know that they
 are of decent quality rather than some of the bog-
standard cheap crappy sets I have previous encountered.
 Also this was reduced down from £13 pounds down 
to £5 so is a bit of a steal too!

Okay so these are the last few things I purchased and all of them are from H&M, first a beauty blender style make-up sponge- my friend has been going on about wanting this for ages! So I bought it for her to shut her up ;-) it was only £1.99 so inexpensive compared to others, I have no idea on the quality though! The next thing I bought was a cute make-up pouch in a polka dot print pattern, this is such a good size and would be perfect to pop in your handbag or schoolbag with your make-up essentials in! It's plastic too so means you can wipe it clean if something spills in it and has a normal zip on it for safe keeping, again this was £1.99 so a really affordable gift that you could fill with goodies! Last thing I bought was this really cute silver glitter Iphone 4 case, I absolutely love this and would have got
 one for myself too if I had an Iphone! But yeah it's really 
pretty and glam and was only £3.99, much cheaper than
 many Iphone cases you get at some stores!


So that is my present guide, sorry it's a bit late but I have been extremely busy packing and sorting as I finally move house on Friday! I know, only 5 days before Christmas eek! Anyway as normal any comments, suggestions or feedback are welcome. Hope you are all feeling festive and jolly!
Love
Georgie xx

Of course find me on:
Twitter- @geo_lawson


Instagram- @geo_leighh


2 comments:

  1. Cute blog ;* mind checking out mine? We can be blog buddies!
    aziaanderson.blogspot.com
    xoxo, azia ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!:-) and I've looked at your blog and followed:-) its really nice and yes we can!
      Georgie xxx

      Delete