Image Map

Saturday 9 August 2014

Day Trip to Bristol

Hello lovelies! On Thursday my friends Beth, Charley, Katie and myself got the train to Bristol for a day out of shopping and general mooching about. It was such a lovely day although we got lost a few times on the route between Temple Meads and Cabot, I blame our collective lack of common sense! I bought a few things, including a lovely coat, playsuit and hat as well as some other bits and bobs (all to appear here soon!). But besides having a good look around the shops it was so so nice to spend time with some of my bestfriends in a somewhat unfamiliar city, wondering about and blending into the everyday hustle and bustle, rather the opposite from our rather small town tucked away in the coutryside.


Even with the constant barrage of traffic, low hum of roadworks and near-irritating continual 'beeping' of pedestrian crossings it was lovely just to fade into the background and take in all the different parts to the city. We took a meander down the path by the river before heading off into central Bristol to do some shopping. The diversity among people was astonishing really, it was refreshing to see such a mix of style and how everyone seemed to burst with individuality with the utmost of confidence, one of those things that seems to be abundant in cities but lost within towns and villages. I genuinely lost count of the amount of inspiring outfits and thought-provoking style combinations that I saw, leaving me motivated to experiment more with my own style.


Once more I love the anonymity you have while in a city, how you can become a simple face in the crowd, insignificant, yet part of the reason the city is what it is. And so I guess this post is just about the beauty of being able to go somewhere new, just for the day and to be another nameless person, another body going about their daily business with no questions asked. Without having to worry about being judged or making a good impression but just being able to revel in being inconspicuous, effectively just getting to be nobody for a day.

Love 
Georgie xx

2 comments: