Image Map

Tuesday 5 August 2014

DIY: Watermelon and Berry Summer Smoothie!

As promised here is the first of my little Summer DIY's, the first one being my current favourite smoothie!


You will need:
Strawberries ( I used about 6)
A small handful of blueberries
A small handful of raspberries 
2-3 slices of watermelon
1/2 a cup of Greek Yoghurt (I used fat free) 
Almond Milk (or another type if you so wish)


Deseed and cube your watermelon, then hull and chop your strawberries. Add these to a bowl (if using a hand blender) or to your blender along with the other fruit (raspberries and blueberries).


Next add in your 1/2 a cup of the yoghurt of choice, I bought these cute measuring scoops as so many recipes are in cups rather than grams! The yoghurt I used was Morrisons own Fat-free Greek style. One thing to be wary of when buying fat-free yoghurt, is make sure that they don't contain tonnes of sugar if you are trying to be super healthy, if not then go wild with whatever yoghurt you want ;)


Pour in a splash of Almond Milk, use however much of this you like really, depending on how much you want to thin out your smoothie. I literally only added a dash and this recipe made the perfect amount to fill a 0.5 ltr Kilner Jar. I used Alpro Almond milk as I prefer it to normal milk but you could use any milk really.


Blend it up! If you're using a hand blender make sure you get all the lumps, if you're using a normal blender you probably don't need to worry!


Pour into your fave cup or a jar, add a cute straw and a strawberry and there you go, a really summery smoothie. This is my favourite smoothie at the moment, it's really sweet and tangy and refreshing, yum! 

Love 
Georgie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment